Third Party Fundraising:
Want to fundraise your way? By organizing a Third Party Fundraiser, can do just that. You are excited about the idea, but the question is, where do you begin? There’s no need to panic. As with everything else, a good fundraiser starts with a good idea and a good cause – and Covenant House Michigan is a great one!
- You can review the Third Party Special Event Guidelines to get an idea of how we would like your event to be managed. We are here to answer your questions! Feel free to call our Development Department at 313.463.2000 and we can explain how it works.
- Next, please fill out the Third Party Proposal form and send it to Melissa Hardy, Development Operations Specialist at email@example.com.
- Someone from the Development Department will contact you to discuss your idea.
- Once your idea is approved, you will then be asked to complete the Terms and Conditions Third Party Special Events contract for our records.
- HAVE FUN! We would love to be able to feature your event on our social media, so please be sure to take pictures!!
Here are some helpful hints when thinking about planning a Third Party Event:
Go with what you know! The best place to start is with the relationships and interests that you may already have. If you enjoy bowling, consider holding a bowl-a-thon…if you enjoy euchre, consider having a Euchre Party…if you enjoy wine, consider holding a wine-tasting party at your home! By taking that route, you are likely to know a group of people that would want to attend your event, and after all, the goal of these events is to bring people together to raise funds and have fun. If you want assistance with thinking of ideas, please contact Melissa Hardy at 313.463.2005 in the Development Department.
Keep it simple! Especially if this is the first time you have organized a fundraiser, we highly recommend not making the event too elaborate or complicated. Organizing a fundraiser will require your time and energy and is extremely rewarding. The goal is to raise revenue and awareness for the mission of Covenant House Michigan- and “keeping it simple” will help you to achieve this goal!
Are you too young to volunteer? Our volunteers must be 21 years or older–perhaps you are in middle or high school and want to help the mission of Covenant House Michigan, then Third Party Fundraising is for you! Be creative–bake sales are always fun or you can have your friends donate in honor of a special birthday or graduation instead of buying gifts.
Covenant House Michigan DIY Fundraising:
Covenant House DIY Fundraising invites supporters and champions for the cause to be part of our work. Build a personalized fundraising campaign and make your own covenant with these wonderful kids. It’s easy and fun to do with our online fundraising tools, mi.covenanthousediy.org