Hourly Pay range: $13.00 (without a bachelor’s degree)
Hourly Pay range: $15.00 (with a bachelor’s degree)
We are Pleased to Offer the Following Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with annual company contribution)
- Generous Paid Time Off (15 days annually)
- Holiday Pay (12 annually)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in human services
Job General Summary:
To provide supervision and delivery of residential services to residents as well as represent Covenant House Michigan by greeting guests, residents, staff and volunteers within the framework of our Five Principles of care (Immediacy, Sanctuary, Value Communication, Structure, and Choice) and policies and procedures established by Covenant House.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
- Previous experience working in the mental health field also strongly desired.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention, multi-cultural awareness.
- CPR and First Aid certification desired.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Michigan Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Prospective employees are required to federal and state background checks, successfully pass a pre-employment drug scree, and have an acceptable driving record.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.