Covenant House Michigan is a faith-based nonprofit organization that provides hope to homeless, runaway and at-risk youth ages 18-24. We provide shelter, educational and vocational programs, as well as other support services, to help overcome hurdles such as homelessness, unemployment, inadequate education, violence, drugs and gangs. Our goal is to redirect them onto a path toward meaningful and successful adulthood.
CHM has come to be known by area young people as a place they can go to build a better future and be treated with respect and unconditional love. Over 60,000 youths have been served by CHM since its inception in September, 1997.
For applicants that desire consideration for this opening should submit their cover letter of interest along with an updated resume.
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with annual company contribution)
- Generous Paid Time Off (15 days annually)
- Holiday Pay (12 annually)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in human services
Summary: Under the supervision of the Director, Property Management, the individual in this position is responsible for performing repairs, grounds keeping and unloading/delivering of various stock/supplies to all agency facilities.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience in maintenance and grounds-keeping
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance
- Sufficient experience and education to perform the assigned duties with or without
- Belief in Covenant House Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies and the
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external individuals and/or businesses
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing 5-50+
- Ability to work standing and walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to use tools and electrical
- Uphold Covenant House Michigan standards of conduct, policies and procedures in the spirit of the Covenant House Mission at all times.
- Attend all scheduled/mandatory meetings, trainings & and supervision sessions as requested.
- Complete all assigned work orders for repairs in all agency
- Unload stock of office supplies, food products, clothing, furniture, as necessary.
- Deliver supplies to departments as necessary
- Perform grounds keeping tasks as assigned for various seasons (i.e. snow removal, grass cutting, bush trimming, weeding, etc.).
- Perform minor repairs to wall, doors, and motorized outdoor and indoor equipment as assigned in addition to custodial duties as assigned and/or needed.
- Maintain fleet vehicles (i.e. oil changes, tires, )
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Director of Property Management, Property Management Coordinator and CHM administration.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.