Covenant House Michigan is a faith-based nonprofit organization that provides hope to homeless, runaway and at-risk youth ages 18-24. We provide shelter, educational and vocational programs, as well as other support services, to help overcome hurdles such as homelessness, unemployment, inadequate education, violence, drugs and gangs. Our goal is to redirect them onto a path toward meaningful and successful adulthood.
CHM has come to be known by area young people as a place they can go to build a better future and be treated with respect and unconditional love. Over 60,000 youths have been served by CHM since its inception in September, 1997.
For applicants that desire consideration for this opening should submit their cover letter of interest along with an updated resume.
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with annual company contribution)
- Generous Paid Time Off (15 days annually)
- Holiday Pay (12 annually)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in human services
Reports To: Program Manager
Summary: Responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual and program needs. Duties include service planning, advocate on behalf of youths, collaborate with other service providers and managing crisis situations as needed. The Case manager provides administrative support to programs by maintaining comprehensive youth files, conducting data-entry and completing required documentation.
Education and Experience (Required):
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Human Services, preferably in a residential program required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working with at-risk youth including training & staff development experience.
- Previous knowledge working in the mental health field strongly desired.
- Previous knowledge working with substance use disorders strongly desired.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention & multicultural awareness required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable record.
- Sufficient ability to perform the required duties with or without accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in all scheduled or mandatory meetings, trainings and supervision sessions as requested.
- Ability to immediately respond to emergencies and resolve issues with clients and/or staff.
- Ability to defuse physical/verbal confrontations with youth served using appropriate techniques and/or interventions.
- Schedule intake, case plans & discharge planning as well as case review meetings with youth and Social Worker.
- Ensure that information is placed in ETO system within 48 hours.
- Ensure that HMIS information is given to HMIS administrator within 24 hours.
- Coordinate and complete a monthly compliance review report of case files with the guidance of Program Manager.
- Ensure each youth has appropriate documentation for file (birth certificate, SS card, State ID)
- Assist youth with applying for or recapturing SSI benefits when necessary.
- Ensure that discharge planning begins at intake with a viable plan for each youth.
- Where possible, provide follow up plan for each youth after discharge and coordinate Campus Activity Program.
- Assist youth in building/rebuilding support network in community.
- Complete Case Notes/Progress Notes of youth and coordinate implementation of the youth plan in the Center.
- Network with community resources and make and receive referrals as needed.
- Answer the telephone and assist the caller with information needed.
- Make recommendations to Manager re: services and needs of youth, staff and facility.
- Participate in other CHM programs and activities as required.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Program Manager and CHM administration.
- Coordinate the integration of social services/case management function.
- Schedule wraparound services for youth as needed, i.e.: medical, dental, vision, health insurance, DHS, SSI, therapeutic services, ID/birth certificate, medication, clothing & hygiene.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.