Covenant House Michigan is a faith-based nonprofit organization that provides hope to homeless, runaway and at-risk youth ages 18-24. We provide shelter, educational and vocational programs, as well as other support services, to help overcome hurdles such as homelessness, unemployment, inadequate education, violence, drugs and gangs. Our goal is to redirect them onto a path toward meaningful and successful adulthood.
CHM has come to be known by area young people as a place they can go to build a better future and be treated with respect and unconditional love. Over 60,000 youths have been served by CHM since its inception in September, 1997.
For applicants that desire consideration for this opening should submit their cover letter of interest along with an updated resume.
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with annual company contribution)
- Generous Paid Time Off (15 days annually)
- Holiday Pay (12 annually)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in human services
Reports To: Associate Executive Director
Summary: Responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual and program needs. Draw upon youth strengths to inform service planning, advocate on behalf of youth, collaborate with other service providers and manage crisis situations as needed. Provide administrative support to programs by maintaining comprehensive youth files, conducting data-entry and completing required documentation.
Education and Experience (Required):
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Human Services, preferably in a residential program required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working with at-risk youth including training & staff development experience.
- Previous knowledge working in the mental health field strongly desired.
- Previous knowledge working with substance use disorders strongly desired.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention & multicultural awareness required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable record.
- Sufficient ability to perform the required duties with or without accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold Covenant House standards of conduct in the spirit of the Covenant House Mission at all times.
- Active participant in scheduled meetings, trainings and supervision sessions as requested.
- Ability to immediately respond to emergencies and resolve issues with clients and/or staff.
- Ability to defuse confrontations with youth served using appropriate techniques/ interventions.
- Schedule intake, case plans and discharge planning for House of Hope youth.
- Schedule case review meetings with residents and Treatment Team.
- Ensure that information is placed in ETO system within 48 hours.
- Coordinate and complete a monthly compliance review report of case files.
- Coordinate the integration of social services/case management function.
- Ensure youth has appropriate documents for files (i.e., SS card, ID) in conjunction with social workers.
- Ensure that discharge planning begins at intake with a viable plan for each youth.
- Where possible, provide follow up plan for each youth after discharge
- Assist youth in building/rebuilding support network in community.
- Complete Case Notes/Progress Notes of each youth.
- Network with community resources and make and receive referrals as needed.
- Answer the telephone and assist the caller with information needed.
- Make recommendations to Associate ED re: services and needs of youth, staff and facility.
- Participate in other CHM programs and activities as required.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Associate Executive Director and CHM administration.
- Schedule wraparound services for youth as needed, i.e.: medical, dental, vision, health insurance, DHS, SSI, therapeutic services, ID/birth certificate, medication, clothing & hygiene in conjunction with residential social workers.
This description is a summary of the responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualifications associated with this position. It is not an exhaustive list and may be changed at any time at the discretion of the Covenant House Michigan administration.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.