Covenant House Michigan provides a full range of competitive benefits options including, health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, Life & AD&D insurances as well as a funded retirement account (403(b)), as well as a very competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) plan.
All shifts available – please indicate with your resume your available shifts.
To provide supervision and delivery of residential services to residents as well as represent Covenant House Michigan by greeting guests, residents, staff and volunteers within the framework of the Mission Statement, Five Principles and policies and procedures of CHM.
MUST HAVE’s (non-negotiable):
1. Substance Abuse Certificate (CADC)
2. Mental health experience with at-risk youth
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
To provide supervision and delivery of services to youth in crisis within the framework of the Mission Statement, policies, and procedures of Covenant House Michigan.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
2) Minimum two years experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
3) Previous experience working in the mental health field also strongly desired.
4) Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention, multi-cultural awareness.
5) CPR and First Aid certification desired.
6) Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
7) Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
8) Belief in Covenant House Michigan Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
9) Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.