Full and Part time (24hrs/week) employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits available include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D, employee discounts, and 403(b) retirement funds.
Please indicate your availability when submitting a resume for consideration. Our shifts are: 2nd 3:30pm – 11:30 pm and 3rd 11:30pm – 7:30am. First shift is available to current workers first, so we aren’t looking for that shift currently.
General Description: To provide supervision and delivery of residential services to residents as well as represent Covenant House Michigan by greeting guests, residents, staff and volunteers within the framework of our Five Principles of care (Immediacy, Sanctuary, Value Communication, Structure, and Choice) and policies and procedures established by Covenant House.
Minimum experience & qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
- Previous experience working in the mental health field also strongly desired.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention, multi-cultural awareness.
- CPR and First Aid certification desired.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Michigan Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Once hired; a Covenant House MI employee must pass federal and state background checks, have an acceptable driving record, and pass a drug screen.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.