Covenant House MI offers a competitive benefits package for Full Time employees including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Retirement (403b), and Legal. Part time employees are eligible for benefits based on the number of hours worked.
This is a 2nd shift position, working 3:30 pm till 11:30 pm, with homeless youth 18-24 on the male unit. Full and Part Time positions available – please indicate preference in response to this posting.
General Description: To provide supervision and delivery of residential services to residents as well as represent Covenant House Michigan by greeting guests, residents, staff and volunteers within the framework of the Mission Statement, Five Principles and policies and procedures of CHM.
Minimum experience & qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
- Previous experience working in the mental health field also strongly desired.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention, multi-cultural awareness.
- CPR and First Aid certification desired.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Michigan Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Once hired; a Covenant House MI employee must pass federal and state background checks, have an acceptable driving record, and pass a drug screen.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.