WE HAVE EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND PAID TIME OFF!
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHMGR will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.
General Description: The Program Director Youth Services provides and ensures excellence in program delivery and outcomes in all aspects of care and support for at-risk, runaway and homeless youth ages 18- 24 touched (served) by Covenant House Michigan (CHM) – Grand Rapids.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- A Master’s Degree for an accredited University and a LMSW License is required for this position.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory role in youth (18-24) development program with emphasis on at-risk, runaway, homeless youth, post foster care and refugee population. Residential preferred.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Varied work history in human services and mental health; 8 year minimum preferred.
- Excellent skills in budget development and management.
- Documented successful work history in adolescent development, family dynamics and crisis intervention.
- Proven ability to relate effectively and build rapport with staff, youth and community partners.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of local resources available to support at-risk, runaway, post-foster care, homeless youth as well as refugee population.
- Belief in Covenant House Michigan Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
- Possess a current, non-restricted, incident free Michigan driver’s license.
- Pass federal, state and local background check
Essential skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Maintain a high level of ethical standards and serve as a role model to staff, youth and others at CHMGR.
- Function in full collaboration with CHMGR staff as an active team member.
- Ease with electronic database systems (HMIS and ETO preferred) and Microsoft Office applications
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Self-motivated, systems thinker, sound conflict management style, team player leadership qualities a must.
- Proven record of excellence in communications and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Tolerate moderate sitting, standing and eye strain
- Ability to work primarily at desk/computer for approximately 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift and/or move objects typically weighing 5-35 pounds
- Able to physically accommodate a wide range of strenuous physical activity, including but not limited to walking long distances, moving up and down stairs, lift bag/boxes up to 35 pounds, drive a van, physically manage youth as