Covenant House Michigan provides a full range of competitive benefits options including, health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, Life & AD&D insurances, as well as a funded retirement account (403(b)), and a very competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) plan.
Person in this position is responsible for assisting with financial functions as assigned by the Finance Director.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting required.
- 3-5 years relevant business experience in accounting required.
- 2 years General Ledger experience required.
- Experience in Nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of federal grants and regulations, grant administration systems, processes and budgeting preferred.
- PC/Computer literacy with working intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Experience working with Lawson/Velocity accounts payable software is preferred, but not required.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by the insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Ability to work primarily at desk/computer for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Ability to lift and move items typically weighing 5-35 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects.
This description is a summary of the responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualifications associated with this position. It is not an exhaustive list and may be changed at any time at the discretion of the Covenant House Michigan administration.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, unrelated handicaps or other legally protected status.