WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with annual company contribution)
- Generous Paid Time Off (15 days annually)
- Holiday Pay (12 annually)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in human services
Covenant House Michigan is a faith-based nonprofit organization that provides hope to homeless, runaway and at-risk youth ages 18-24. We provide shelter, educational and vocational programs, as well as other support services, to help overcome hurdles such as homelessness, unemployment, inadequate education, violence, drugs and gangs. Our goal is to redirect them onto a path toward meaningful and successful adulthood.
CHM has come to be known by area young people as a place they can go to build a better future and be treated with respect and unconditional love. Over 60,000 youths have been served by CHM since its inception in September, 1997.
Prospective applicants that desire consideration for this opening should submit their cover letter of interest along with an updated resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates that are progressed to the interview stage will be asked to provide their content portfolio samples prior to their interview, as well as include writing and graphic design samples they have authored.
The Manager, Development Communications and Special Events, requires close coordination and communication with the Development and Communications team to create, write, produce and manage all external communications collateral to donors and the community as well as manage special events logistics for the organization. In addition, this person is required to work successfully with development staff, vendors such as graphic designers and printers, inside and outside constituents, organizations and businesses. Manages all content marketing, social media platforms and photography and coordinates public relations with outside public relations firm. Manages the agency Community Outreach, including identifying prospective opportunities and delegating the appropriate CHM representative to speak. Work with staff and residents to mine stories from across the organization and tell them across all platforms. During special event season, manages event websites, event logistics and event collateral and provides support to the event team lead. This position strives to achieve fulfillment of its development communications mission to the greatest extent possible. This position reports directly to the Director of Development and Communications.
Responsibilities Not Limited To:
- Manage all external communication materials for CHM, specifically donor solicitations, newsletters, online solicitations, annual reports, sponsorship collateral, major and planned giving collateral and organization website:
- Work in partnership with the Development and Communications team to maintain a communication portfolio to be distributed to donors, advocacy groups, young professionals, volunteers and other potential supporters.
- Develops and maintains a robust Communications timeline/calendar with daily and weekly social media postings, monthly e-newsletter and bi-monthly print newsletter for both CHM campuses, Detroit and Grand Rapids.
- Develops an annual fundraising communications strategy to increase donor awareness and solicitations.
- Maintains and updates organization website with new and relevant content.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Development and Communications on all media inquiries.
- Manage agency Community Outreach including the identifying prospective opportunities and the delegation of the appropriate CHM representative to speak at an event or gathering.
- Manages all agency social media platforms and keeps current on trends in youth homelessness.
- Engage with staff and residents to collect stories from across campus; develop, write and package them across our communication vehicles and platforms. Coach our residents to “tell their story” when called upon by the media or in community outreach speaking engagements.
- Manages CHM special event logistics, event collateral and provide support to event team lead.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Fundraising, Non-profit Management or related
- Minimum of 3 to 5-years experience in communications, content marketing, special events or related
- Non-profit experience
- Experience creating materials such as donor appeal letters, brochures, newsletters, special event sponsorship, major giving and planned giving collateral, etc. both in-print and
- Experience in special event logistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- PC/Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and CMS-content management systems (WordPress preferred) as well as special event software, Donor Drive and Greater
- Understanding of social media and web content
- Comfortable using camera and video equipment to document and create communications materials.