Excellent Medical, Vision, Dental benefits with employer paid Short Term & Long Term Disability, and Life.
Looking for an energetic maintenance person who enjoys a family atmosphere to join our team!
General Description: Person in this position is responsible for performing building repairs, grounds keeping, events set-up, and unloading/delivering of various stock/supplies to all agency facilities on your 5 acre campus.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in maintenance and grounds-keeping. including but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, building repairs, and mechanical repairs.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing 5-50+ pounds.
- Ability to work standing and walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to use tools and electrical equipment.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.