Covenant House Michigan provides a full range of competitive benefits options including, health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, Life & AD&D insurances as well as a funded retirement account (403(b)), as well as a very competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) plan.
General Description: As Manager of the Residential Programs, you will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities programs as it relates to the youth, staff and facility in order to fulfill the mission of Covenant House Michigan. As a member of Covenant House Michigan you will be responsible for upholding Covenant House policies, procedures and codes of conduct while assuring that the needs of our youth and staff are being met.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a on the floor job and this position will be required to work varying shifts and days. This position at time will need to cover shifts.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Human Services prefered, Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, or Psychology, with experience in a residential program required.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience working with at-risk youth required.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience working in the mental health field strongly desired
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention & multicultural awareness required.
- Training & staff development experience required.
- Hold and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
- PC/Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Michigan Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Ability to immediately respond to emergencies and resolve issues with client and/or staff.
- Ability to work sitting, standing, walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to defuse physical and verbal confrontations with youth served using appropriate techniques and/or interventions.
- Promote and maintain high level of professional standard of ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work flexible schedule when needed.
- Ability to and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.