Paid time off available to this position.
This position is part time, 24hr/week. Flexible scheduling within the Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, work week.
General Description: The person in this position is responsible for developing job opportunities for youth who present themselves to CHM for service. Responsible for developing and coordinating career track job opportunities using a variety of service models such as full/part-time employment and internships. Responsible for providing follow-up, tailored to individual needs, once youth have been placed in jobs.
Education and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in developing job opportunities.
- PC/Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Knowledge of vocational assessment and work simulation computer programs.
- Knowledge of employment service programs.
- Ability to work sitting, standing, and walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to lift and move objects typically weighing 5-35 pounds.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.