Benefits available include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D, employee discounts, and 403(b) retirement funds.
General Description: Person in this position is for maintaining CHM’s Raiser’s Edge NXT and RE database with applicable federal regulations and Development policies and procedures. Manages the policies and procedures for all data collection, usage and management. This position also facilitates foundation and corporate solicitations, including corporate sponsorships for agency special events. Administers and oversees development related database management, gift processing and data entry, reporting and data analysis, as well as data integrity and security. Assist in fund raising efforts of the Development and Communications Department and work closely with the Development and Communications Team to implement and execute fundraising.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- Associates degree in Business Management, Data Systems or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant work experience may be sufficient in lieu of specific degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit Development and/or Marketing Department with knowledge of database management, fundraising techniques, donor relations and development of marketing materials.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Raiser’s Edge proficiency required. Excellent data-entry, data analytics, and strategic use of data skills.
- PC/Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of IRS contribution receipting regulations
- Familiarity with third party special events software (Donor Drive, Greater Giving, Team Approach)
- Ability to work wealth screening software to produce donor prospects and analyze their content.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.
- Uphold the Covenant House Michigan standards of conduct, policies and procedures in the spirit of the Covenant House Mission at all times.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled or mandatory meetings, training and supervision sessions as requested.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge donor database to track monetary and in-kind track and create donor correspondence including thank you, specialized and informational letters for Executive Director’s signature in a timely fashion.
- Manage the organization’s constituent and gift records in accordance with generally accepted fundraising principles and IRS rules.
- Facilitate ongoing database integrity meetings including scheduling, meeting facilitation and creating all operational policies and procedures for Raiser’s Edge (RE) procedure manual.
- Research and clarify donor details with individuals and representatives from organizations to achieve accurate recording of donations.
- Analyze donor data, identify trends and opportunities, create regular reports based on analysis and provide to team.
- Manage Donor Recognition and Stewardship Plan using Raiser’s Edge modules, in coordination with Development and Communications department
- Generate accurate mailing lists for mass mailing, queries and reports, as needed by various departments, including providing strategic direction and execution of data usage for quarterly appeals/newsletters.
- Daily gift processing with deposit reports and creation of donor acknowledgment letters. Management of the acknowledgment letter process, including creation and updating for each campaign. Monthly reconciliation with Finance and archiving old daily batch paperwork as needed. Create and management monthly dashboard reports for Development and Communications team and Board reporting and for budget variance documentation for monthly forecasting.
- Provide technical training and supports; acts as a resource for department staff on proper data entry. Provide orientation, ongoing reminders, and follow-up with program staff responsible for receiving donations. Create a donor file system and provide consultation on proper documentation and storage of donation documentation.
- Follow up and monitor annuities, gifts-in kind, insurance policies and similar items with Finance Department to ensure all data is current and accurate.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on effectiveness of donor retention efforts; active and inactive donor performance, new donor performance, and the lifetime value of a donor.
- Provide prospect management reports via Donor Search for identification and qualification of major donors.
- Contribute to the content of the website pertaining to the Development Department, ie: may include donor retention initiatives or questions relating to the Development Department.
- Generates and distributes requested reports as needed, ie: mailing lists or donor activity reports, etc.
- Participate and assist Development and Communication Department with special events as requested (i.e. Sleep Out) with regard to onsite gift processing and reporting for attendees.
- Work collaboratively with Development and Communication team members.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Executive Director, Director of Development and Communications and CHM administration.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.