CHM offers excellent Medical, Vision, Dental benefits with employer paid Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life, and retirement (403(b)).
General Description: Development Communications and Special Events Coordinator requires close coordination and communication with the Development and Communications team to create, write, produce and manage all external communications collateral to donors and the community as well as manage special events logistics and operations for the organization. In addition, this person is required to work successfully with development staff, vendors such as graphic designers and printers, inside and outside constituents, organizations and businesses. Manages all social media platforms and photography and coordinates public relations with outside public relations firm. Manages the agency Community Outreach, including identifying prospective opportunities and delegating the appropriate CHM representative to speak. Work with staff and residents to mine stories from across the organization and tell them across all platforms. During special event season, manages the backend of event websites, event logistics, operations and collateral and provides support to the event team lead.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Fundraising, Non-profit Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5-years’ experience in communications, marketing, special events or related field.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience creating materials such as brochures, newsletters, special event sponsorship, major giving and planned giving collateral, etc. both in-print and online.
- Experience in special event operations and logistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- PC/Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and CMS-content management systems as well as special event software, Donor Drive and Greater Giving.
- Understanding of social media and web content management.
- Comfortable using camera and video equipment to document and create communications materials.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving recording as required by agency insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Strong leadership experience and qualities.
- Ability to represent the organization effectively in a variety of settings with diverse communities.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Ability to sit for a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to lift and move items typically weighing 5 –35 pounds.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
Covenant House Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. CHM will not discriminate against any otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disabilities or other legally protected status.