- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay (11 paid annual holidays)
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Ability to work sitting, standing, walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and/or occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive agency vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Uphold Covenant House standards of conduct, policies and procedures in the spirit of the Covenant House Mission at all times.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled or mandatory meetings, trainings and supervision sessions as requested.
- Ability to immediately respond to emergencies and resolve issues with clients and/or staff.
- Ability to defuse physical and verbal confrontations with youth served using appropriate techniques and/or interventions.
- Schedule intake, case plans and discharge planning for House of Hope youth.
- Schedule case review meetings with residents and Treatment Team.
- Ensure that information is placed in ETO system within 48 hours.
- Coordinate and complete a monthly compliance review report of case files.
- Coordinate the integration of social services/case management function.
- Schedule wraparound services for youth as needed, ie: medical, dental, vision, health insurance, DHS, SSI, therapeutic services, ID/birth certificate, medication, clothing & hygiene in conjunction with residential social workers.
- Ensure each youth has appropriate documentation for file (birth certificate, SS card, State ID) in conjunction with residential social workers.
- Ensure that discharge planning begins at intake with a viable plan for each youth.
- Where possible, provide follow up plan for each youth after discharge
- Assist youth in building/rebuilding support network in community.
- Complete Case Notes/Progress Notes of each youth.
- Network with community resources and make and receive referrals as needed.
- Answer the telephone and assist the caller with information needed.
- Make recommendations to Associate Executive Director re: services and needs of youth, staff and facility.
- Participate in other CHM programs and activities as required.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Associate Executive Director and CHM administration.
Case Management Coordinator – House of Hope
Monday – Friday / 9:00am – 5:00pm
General Description: Responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual and program needs. Draw upon youth strengths to inform service planning, advocate on behalf of youth, collaborate with other service providers and manage crisis situations as needed. Provide administrative support to programs by maintaining comprehensive youth files, conducting data-entry and completing required documentation. As a member of Covenant House Michigan you will be responsible for upholding Covenant House policies, procedures and codes of conduct while assuring that the needs of our youth are being met.
Educational and work experience requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Human Services, preferably in a residential program required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working with at-risk youth.
- Previous knowledge working in the mental health field strongly desired.
- Previous knowledge working with substance use disorders strongly desired.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, crisis intervention & multicultural awareness required.
- Training & staff development experience required.
- PC/Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as required by insurance company.
- Sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.
- Belief in Covenant House Michigan Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Michigan serves.