Do you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless youth? Become a COV Advocate and make a stand in the fight against homelessness to benefit all youth who find themselves on the streets. There are many ways you can become a COV Advocate:
- Like our Facebook page- Covenant House Michigan and share it with family and friends.
- Learn more about local and national legislation around homelessness such as human trafficking, aging out of foster care and other factors contributing to youth homelessness by visiting Covenant House International where you can get a global perspective.
- Schedule a Covenant House Michigan speaker to address your civic, business, school or church group by informing and educating your group about the plight of runaway and homeless kids and opportunities for participating in our mission. Please call Claire Van Raaphorst, Development Communications Specialist at 313.463.2343 or 248.770.6134 (cell) to secure a speaker.
- Hand out literature call us 313.463.2000 to obtain brochures, envelopes, annual reports, or other material to share with the community.
- Raise funds for our mission– are you too young to volunteer (you must be over 21 years old) but want to make a difference? Hold a third-party event such as a bowl-a-thon or a pizza night or have your friends donate in honor of a special birthday or graduation–all ways you can make a significant difference in the lives of our residents. Look at the Plan a Fundraising Event section of this page for more ideas and who to contact at CHM.